GPJ Consulting Engineers are employed by the Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust (RCHT) to provide professional building services design and consultation in line with Health Technical Memorandums (HTMs) and are appointed Authorising Engineers for ‘Ventilation and Air Conditioning Systems’ throughout the RCHT sites.
We have been working with RCHT for many years and have supported them through some extremely challenging yet interesting projects from complex controls installations through to simple heating networks in all areas of the hospital from Accident and Emergency through to the Maternity wards.
The following provides a summary of our projects in the Healthcare Sector:
- Authorising Engineer duties for Ventilation and Air conditioning systems
- Energy reduction and reliability actions to include replacement Air Handling Units (AHU’s), Hot Water Heaters, Motors, lighting and Boiler Plant.
- Environmental design and control to spaces of specific clinical service
- Fire Safety Improvements to include full Fire Damper audit and inspection/test regime
- Vacuum Drainage Systems to areas served by problematic drainage
- Ventilation, Hot Water, Heating, Cooling and Drainage systems refurbishment
- Electrical Supply upgrades including Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS), Emergency power generation and electrical distribution improvements
- Building Management Control (BMS) improvements and rationalisation
- Works to improve maintenance efficiency and safety
- Biosafety, Biocontainment and Cross Contamination consultation
- Consultation with Clinical Staff regarding engineering requirements with regards to best practice, maintenance and HTM.
Additionally we have consulted with other NHS Sites across the UK including Nuffield Hospital, Stoke Mandeville and Barkantine Health Practice. We have also designed modular operating theatres, complete with ventilation plant for fabrication in the UK prior to shipping to their end use in Bangladesh.
Working closely alongside estates and clinical staff we are able to tailor the schemes specifically to suit both the existing installations and the tight constraints of a working hospital to provide the best solution.
Among our staff, we have 2 Authorising Engineers, with many years of health care experience and checking compliance with NHS standards.